Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Sleepy Morning Workouts

I am not a big fan of morning workouts. But circumstances can bring  you to a place where the only option is to workout in the morning. Yup this has happened to me. I have been working out for over 6 years now and most of it has been in the evening . Took up a new job recently  and the timings are such that morning are my only option:(.

Any kind of change is difficult. So here I am Sunday evening packing my gym bag for the next day as I  need to be out of my house by 6:30am:( Well you may ask why 6:30am; that is because my gym is half an hour away from my home, 5 min walk to the bus stop10-15min wait at the bus stop for the dreaded PMPML bus. So i will start my workout only by 7:30...

As i start packing my bag i realise that it aint gonna be easy stuffin in  my gym clothes ,work clothes, a towel, sports shoes, toiletries, breakfast, lunch, fruits, water and the list goes on....Be committed to working out does not come easy..It was crazy the first day as my sister and I get out of the house on a cold winter morning.We enter the gym sleepy eyed and totally not motivated to workout. But as a few days went by i could see the difference in my mornings. My time is used well, I am fresh the whole day and i can relax in the evening as the most important work of the day is done.

I know that the pros are more compared to the cons as regards working out in the morning. But I do miss my evening workouts with my friends.

2 comments:

Naiesha said...

Finally a post on my fav. blog!! Where were u?/ I want more posts!! Like benefits of working out in the morning?? ;)

Caroline Kaunds said...

I guess i can be prejudiced;) I dont see any benefits for ME as regards working out in the morning:)