I know this might sound silly to a lot of people, but I have always wanted to be able to do full ups, without supporting weight.I have been working out for almost 6 years now. I never thought it wud take me that long to do it.Well I did have a shoulder injury in between which restricted me in doing a lot of upper body workouts. But I am glad I am back on track :)
I remember trying to do full pull ups once and I failed. And it kinda disappointed me.The reason being, at that point of time in my life I was at the peak of my workouts. My weight training was going really well and my upper body strength had increased too. This was prior to my shoulder injury. After my injury I had to work a lot on my mind. I would give up really soon, doubt my own strength or be easily demotivated.The injury happened while I was working out, so the fear was even more as to what if i go wrong somewhere again.
This time when I decided to give a shot at pull ups, I was a lot stronger in my mind than my shoulders. I knew that i had been getting better at my upper body strength, post the injury and that I had given enough time for it to heal (2 years c'mon now that's long enough;) Fortunately I could lift myself for a good 5 counts, the next three i needed some help from the trainer:) All in all I am very grateful to God to bring me back to my fitness level as before (in fact better than before:)
4 comments:
Congrats on your achievement! The mind matters! :)
thanku :)
Hey Girl u did it!!
hey thanks Supriya:)
Post a Comment